Wegmans has recalled certain bags of yellow peaches because of the potential presence of Salmonella.
Wawona Packing Company has issued a recall on 2 pound bags of fresh yellow peaches due to the potential presence of Salmonella. Affected bags will have a small, white, rectangular sticker with lot codes that begin with letters W, X or G.
Note: Bags that do not have a small, white, rectangular sticker are not impacted by this recall, according to Wegmans officials.
All of these products sold may be returned to the service desk for a full refund. For additional information call 1-855-934-3663 between 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports the salmonella enteritidis outbreak has caused at least 14 people to be hospitalized so far, but no one has died from the infection.
The recalls issued Wednesday are for peaches supplied by Wawona Packing Company. They include the following products:
- Aldi | Wawona peaches 2-pound bag | UPC: 033383322001
- Aldi | Organic peaches 2-pound bag | UPC: 849315000400
- Target | Item # 267-03-4038, Peach per pound | UPC: 492670340386
- Target | Item # 266-03-0010, Peach by the each | UPC: 204038000005
- Target | Item # 266-03-0002, 2 lb peach bag | UPC: 033383322056
- Target | Item # 267-50-4044, 2 lb organic peach | UPC: 849315000400
- Target | Item # 267-03-4405, White Peach per pound | UPC: 492670344056
The CDC said the investigation into the salmonella outbreak is ongoing and could lead to recalls at other retailers.